Sorry for the delay on getting more pictures posted...we are doing well, but very tired, and getting into the swing of things with two takes quite a bit of adjustment on all fronts. I'll write and post the birth story very soon. Until then, enjoy some more pictures of our newest little cutie.
Also, a few of you have been asking about his name. Reier is Norwegian and means "defender of the home." As for pronunciation, Reier rhymes with Fire.
 |
| Dahlia meets Reier for the first time on the morning after he was born. She had slept through the whole thing, thank goodness. |
 |
| She decided to read him a Berenstain Bears book as her first big sister contribution. |
 |
| All dressed up in a tutu, necklace, and flower headband to hold him for the first time. |
 |
| Lots of big sister kisses. |
 |
| Spiky hair...we think he is a blonde. |
 |
| Dahlia made sure he had lots of toys to play with while he napped. She even shared her very special Daffies with him. |
 |
| So sleepy and sweet. |
 |
| Getting some sun on the porch on day 4, the first day I was permitted to do the stairs and get out of our room. I felt so liberated. Don't worry, it was plenty warm outside. |
 |
| Dahlia wanted to join in on the sunning. |
 |
| Nursing Reier while snuggling Dahlia and feeding myself breakfast all at the same time. Multitasking has taken on a whole new meaning. |
 |
| We both have our babies in our slings. |
 |
| Dahlia has enjoyed holding him for very short durations...I think she gets disappointed that he can't do anything yet. |
 |
| This was when I told her to put on her pants and socks to get ready to go play in the yard. She is still her goofy self for sure, even with the complete disruption of routine. |
 |
| My first trip outside to the yard on day 6. Reier and I both love the wrap. |
 |
| I finally got a picture with his beautiful blue eyes open. He has been having a few short periods of eyes-open time over the last couple of days. |
2 comments:
Whitney, I absolutely love seeing these immediate postpartum photos of you...No words other than I'm SO proud of you!
Beautiful family Whitney. Love you guys.
Post a Comment