
I found out on Wednesday afternoon that dear, sweet, little Gideon had passed away that morning in the hospital. He had been home for a few weeks and apparently doing well when he suddenly got some kind of systemic infection that his little body was unable to fight off. I am not clear on all of the details of what happened, but it doesn't really matter now. I can't shake the feeling that it just isn't fair, isn't right, can't be possible. He was just barely two and seemed to be on the rebound. I heard from some of my former co-workers who had seen him recently that his final days were some of his best of this past year of medical struggle. Gideon was laughing, singing, and starting to be steady enough on his feet to take a step or two. The service will be on Monday and I am taking the day off to be there. I just can't believe this has happened.

He is loved and missed by so many.
3 comments:
Oh Whitney,
I have no words. I am so sorry. I remember when you posted about him before and he just seemed to shine like a ray of light.
I'm sorry Whitney. That is terrible.
Gideon and his Mom are in our prayers. Love you, Momma
Post a Comment