Saturday, October 24, 2009

35 weeks and still loving the home life

I have been asked quite a few times recently how I have been handling it being home alone all day, as if it is some kind of punishment to be endured. I suppose that it might be to some more social and gregarious people, but I am loving it. I have learned recently that I require a very low level of interaction and activity on a daily basis in order to be content. On Thursday, for example, the farthest I got out of the house was to put something in the recycle bin in the yard and I think I may have had one or two very brief phone conversations with people at the bank or something like that. By the time Nathan got home from work I was ready to be social, but not desperate by any means.

I have been filling my time so far with domestic chores that have been put off for too long, organizing the baby's half of the office/nursery, reading pregnancy/birth/baby care books, cooking, and canning. Once the intense and all-consuming needs of a baby are added to my days (and nights) I will probably feel downright busy. I think it is a good sign that I am a happy home-body, since from what I hear, that's basically what has to happen for the first few weeks (or maybe months) with a new little one. I am glad that her neediest time will be during the Fall and Winter months when it feels extra nice to snuggle under a quilt and stay in. It all sounds great to me.

Here are some pics of Nathan and I in the kitchen last night in the midst of canning 8.5 quarts of applesauce and 2 quarts of pearsauce. Nathan had the bright idea to set me up next to the sink in a chair for the pre-processing portion of the sauce making, and boy was I glad about that. I have not been lasting up on my feet for hours at a time like my pre-pregnant self, and the chair really helped. What a thoughtful baby-daddy he already is. Awww.


No comments: