Thursday, October 22, 2009

34 weeks at a fantastic baby shower

Last weekend I was treated to an excellent baby shower by the 'urban family' in Portland. The tiniest details had apparently been in the works since the pregnancy was announced, and it showed. The food was beautiful and delicious, and the company was even better. It was so nice to have family, neighborhood friends, and co-workers and parents from my old job all gathered together to celebrate (and feed) little baby G. She got poked and felt a lot through the belly while she kicked and wiggled and seemed to tolerate it well. She especially enjoyed making Auntie Cath scream and jump back 6 feet when she touched the belly (Cath has watched too many sci-fi movies I think). There was a serious showering of cute little pink ruffly things, with some practical items mixed in. The general consensus seemed to be that the registry was glanced at briefly by many of the guests, but that the adorable clothes were impossible to resist. She will be well dressed indeed.

I didn't remember to take a group picture until we were on our way out the door, so I apologize to those of you who were there and had left before picture time. Here I am at 34 weeks among many of baby G's biggest fans.


Thanks to all of you found your way into Portland and fought for parking to celebrate with us (especially to Molly, Mike, and Steve who got on airplanes to be there with us). And an extra big thanks to Joelle for hosting and making a beautiful cake, to Cath for all of the tiny delicious delights that took you from your work and that I am still enjoying, to Margaret for managing all of the details, and to my Mom for the tasty savory treats and the 30 cucumber sandwiches that I ate. We appreciate all of your efforts and support of our little baby girl, and can't wait to introduce her to everyone when she arrives.

No comments: