Monday, December 28, 2009

The news from the couch...


Bed head.

First ride in her fancy stroller. The hand belongs to Aunt Caitlin.

Sleeping can be so hard on a girl.

Not really much in the way of exciting news to report from here (here being the spot on the couch where I spend most of my time these days). Dahlia is becoming more alert and spending more of her time during the day in a more awake state, and sometimes more of the nights in an asleep state. We found out that she is sensitive or allergic to dairy (specifically, milk proteins, not lactose) because she has been having some persistent digestive distress, the details of which I will spare you, and it quickly resolved when I went completely off dairy. This is a big bummer for me as ice cream and cheese are two of my favorite things. But, I have quickly learned that sacrificing small pleasures to keep her safe and healthy are so worth it. A happy baby is better than ice cream, besides, soy isn't really that bad after all.

I am slowly learning to do more multi-tasking around the house, which has been made easier by Dahlia easily falling asleep when I wear her in a sling as I get stuff done (like writing this). It has been fun to see her grow and change on a daily basis and to watch as she comes to life and interacts with us more and more. She has been smiling intentionally over the past few days which is a delight, but has yet to be caught on camera. Dahlia is quickly growing out of many of her clothes because she is so long in the torso (just like me!) and the cloth diapers give her a puffy bum.

That's all for now, she's is starting to stir in the sling because I am not moving around, so I better get going.

1 comment:

Janet said...

Hey Whitney, try Hemp ice cream - its way better and there is soft serve up on capitol hill :)