Nope, it's not a dimly lit gummy bear, it is an ultrasound image of our baby! According to the ultrasound tech, I am somewhere between 7.5 and 8.5 weeks with an estimated due date of somewhere during the week of November 23-28, 2009. During the two ultrasounds we have had, we saw the little heart flickering away at quite a clip (133 bpm today) which was very thrilling for both of us to see together as it has made the pregnancy feel much more real. I know it is a bit early to be telling everyone, but we are too excited to keep it in any longer. So far I am feeling okay-ish. I am very exhausted most of the time (turns out that growing a little human is tiring), and mild to moderately nauseus fairly often. The shock is starting to wear off Nathan's face and he even bought the little bean a tiny green hat to wear on his/her first day out. In the pictures, you are looking at a profile of the baby from his/her left side. S/he is about the size and shape of a gummy bear that is leaning forward. If you look closely you can see some little arm and leg nubbins, a darkish spot that is an eye, and what looks to us like a cute little smile! The circle off to the right is the yolk sac that is currently feeding the baby until the placenta is up and running in another week or so. The additions are thanks to Nathan's photoshop skills which is his way of welcoming the child into his weird sense of humor. The best part of the picture (other than the possible smile) is that s/he is swimming in a heart-shaped gestational sac...awww.
10 comments:
Congrats to you both! Can't wait to find all sorts of trouble to get your little ones in to!
I love you both and am so very very excited- WE'RE HAVING A BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nice photoshop skills Nathan! :D
It is well, friends. You have hearty congratulations indeed from the Weiseth clan as you embark on this, your greatest adventure yet. We'll be praying for healthful development of Junior.
yahoo!!! can't wait. thanks for the pictures
Yaaaaaaaay!!!! Congrats you two, I'm thrilled!!
Congrats you two! Start getting extra sleep now to save up for the newborn stage. I now have first-hand experience with it.
Take care of yourself - pregnancy is hard work. Congratulations - you'll love being parents (except maybe not when your baby is crying at 3am)...
Do not even know how to say how happy we are for you three. Take care of eachother ... hug eachother for us while we are gone until we get back and know we are there in spirit. We love you all and are thrilled. Mom/Nana :-)
Congrats to you both!!! I am SO happy for you!!! You'll be fantabulous parents! Let's celebrate...no more vino for you though :(
Congratulations Whitney and Nathan! Very excited for you guys.
Post a Comment