Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The latest...

Hello again...sorry for the delay...again. The family Gregory has been quite busy lately. I will sum up the latest happenings with some accompanying pictures.
Nathan and I celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary at the beginning of the month with a lovely sidewalk dinner at a local restaurant. I, of course, made it extra romantic by falling down the stairs in the restaurant with a full glass of water in my hand, landing on my knees on the bottom step. Yikes! the dinner was delicious, but I was wincing for much of the night. We are looking forward to Nathan's final year of grad school, after which we might finally get to start acting like a normal, adult couple...maybe.Last week we took a very long drive down to sunny Los Angeles to visit our long time friend John Harrison, his wonderful wife Jen, and Molly, my childhood friend-turned actress who is well on her way to fame and fortune. It turns out that California's central valley is flat and boring and definitely not much to look at. The week was great, though I was quite sick the whole time, balancing our time between the requisite viewing of architecture and playing in the ocean at Santa Monica and Venice Beach. The first picture is the 'acrobatics area just below the Santa Monica pier, and the second picture is the view from a Frank Lloyd house that we toured.
In other news, it was my 27th birthday while we were in LA. We celebrated with a backyard feast with John and Jen, complete with home-made shortcake and fresh from the market strawberries. Over the weekend my parents visited and took us out to a late birthday dinner at my favorite (though quite kitchy) dinner experience, Benihana. I loved every last bite of mine, and even ate some of my Mom's dinner too. I definitely earned my place in the clean plate club.

I have also become quite domestic in recent weeks. I have started another quilt, I jumped for joy over the immersion blender I got for my birthday, and I bought my very own mat, grid, and rotary cutter to expedite my quilting process. I told my Dad on Sunday that I am just one step away from churning my own butter and spinning my own thread. These are the things you do when your husband is working a lot, you have no TV, and everything in your neighborhood is too expensive to participate in.

No comments: