Hello again to all of my adoring fans. I apologize for the long delay in my blogging, I have had some very important business to take care of recently. Just yesterday I finally finished the final episode of Sex and the City. I was lucky enough to borrow the entire box set from my sister (a million thanks!) and I dutifully watched each and every one in order from start to finish. That is an epic to behold for sure! It is definitely an American treasure and I am glad to have spent so much time with it. Now that it is done, I can finally finish my quilt that I started in March, take care of some other sewing projects, and start blogging again with more regularity. I appreciated your patience as I achieved that important milestone in my life.
Now, on to some recent happenings in the form of a stack of photos and some informative captions:

This was the annual roommate reunion weekend from early June. We stayed at Ashley's family lake house and had a wonderful time eating, chatting about all of life's important details, and generally sitting around enjoying each other's company. This year, there were two and a half children present (Ashley is pregnant), and four children left home with the men-folk. My how times have changed. I always cherish every moment of our annual weekend together (mojito-enhanced cherishing), and I sure do love those women!


These are two of my favorite boys at work, Brooks and Caleb. They both turned three recently and had to move on to the big-boy preschool. I was very sad to see them go. Brooks, the redhead, liked to spend much of his PT hour every week running his fingers through my hair and hugging me (every girl's dream-date!). Caleb is very close to walking independently, and I was responsible for getting his first pair of low-profile ankle braces and real shoes (he has had big braces on his ankles until recently). They have such sweet families and have been a delight to get to know over the past year and a half. And yes, my job does involve playgrounds and swings, lucky me!


And finally, here are two pictures from a hike we took in the Columbia River Gorge (very near where we got hitched). It was an intense uphill climb, but the view at the top made it all worthwhile. I got the first picture by wedging the camera in a tree and setting the timer. Nathan was pretty sure the camera was doomed, but thankfully it survived. The other picture was my view on the way back down the trail.
Also, for your blog-reading enjoyment, my parents have a blog about their life on a sailboat off the coast of Florida. It is not good to read while bored at work, it will make you immediately start searching for the remote with the "fast-forward to retirement" button. They are accepting stowaways starting in January 2009. www.gavinandalice.blogspot.com
That's all from me for now. More to come soon, I promise.
1 comment:
So, so, so, glad you are back!!! We missed you and your humor and tack (that's a sailing term) on life. The pictures are great too. See you soon. Mom.
Post a Comment