Sunday, April 13, 2008

Why I LOVE Portland...

Everyone I love should live right here in Portland with us. I don't want any over-crowding and extra congestion down here, I just want my favorite folks in my 'hood, you know who you are. Here is the rundown on two of the best days I have spent in a long time, so you too can want to live here forever:

Friday - approximately 70 degrees and sunny

4:30 home from work
5:00 walk to downtown central library, get two new books to read
5:30 walk towards Nathan's school, stop by Apple store on the way for my sister's birthday present
6:00 sit on a bench in the downtown sun, waiting for Nathan to get out of studio
6:15 Nathan emerges and we walk back to our neighborhood for some dinner
6:45 Nathan and I sit in our local park, eating delicious pizza, watching kids run in the fountain
7:15 hurry off to SE PDX for a concert by the Portland Cello Project (15 cellos and a bunch of other local artists, check it out at www.portlandcelloproject.com)
8:00 show starts and rocks hard until 10:15, a very exceptional 2.25 hours
10:15 Nathan and I play on the toys at the park near where we parked (I forgot how much I love swings, slides, and merry-go-rounds)
11:00 sleepy time

Saturday - sunny and 75 degrees!

8:30 wake up due to extreme brightness coming in our windows
9:00 breakfast and first cup of coffee
9:30 get dressed for going on a walk in the neighborhood
9:45 happen upon the REI garage sale (it is right out our back door) and wander around for a while, Nathan buys a shirt
10:15 go home and change clothes because we had dressed for Spring instead of for Summer
10:30 head out for a walk to the waterfront in out sandals and shorts (coffee in hand of course)
12:00 sit by the Salmon Springs fountain for a while and watch the people go by, start strolling back home
12:45 pick up Margaret's pug at her place and take him for a walk to the Ben and Jerry's
1:30 more walking while eating ice cream (by the way, it is totally Summer out by now! Quickly regretting not putting on sunscreen)
2:30 showers, put on fun skirt and tank top to go sit in the park and read
5:00 Nathan picks me up to head over to his parent's house for BBQ on the deck

Throughout all of this, we kept wondering aloud how it could be so nice and warm and sunny when it had been snowing just two weeks ago! It was very relaxing and felt like two weekends worth of strolling and general neighborhood goodness. I look forward to all of you coming down to the great state of Oregon to take it all in for yourselves. The futon awaits you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're on our way ... save some sun for us!!! :-)

Krista said...

p-town! yes, always a good time and it would be great if we could all be concentrated in the same geographic location. We need to come visit again soon!