Hello again,
I have been getting assaulted from all sides about the lack of timely updates on our humble little blog. Ironically, these strongly worded requests always seem to come from those without blogs themselves (hmmmmm). Well, sorry for the delay. I will sum up my list of excuses for not updating the blog more frequently in the form of a Top 10 list:
10. Thanks to all of the adorable babies and toddlers I am handling every week at work, I was slammed by an intense bout of bronchitis that lasted for two weeks. I had a 103.2 degree fever, I took up coughing like I was training for an Olympic coughing relay team, and I was rather permanently parked on the couch or in bed. The only bonus ... cough syrup with codeine.
9. Working 6 days per week is not as fun as it sounds. Though the children's hospital job is getting much better, I am tired most of the time. It hurts to not have my sleep-in day anymore.
8. I like reading books more than I like typing on the internet.
7. The weather has been pretty sunny lately and I have been out in it as much as possible. I have got to keep my Seasonal Affective Disorder in check somehow.
6. It is hard to get my turn on the computer when Nathan is perpetually reading news outlets to "make sure the world hasn't exploded." I think he is trying to make up for the lack of TV news by reading his weight in online news every day. I do appreciate the sum-up though.
5. Carly (our Subaru wagon) had a little scoot into a curb on an icy day and ended up needing four subsequent alignment appointments until the mechanics got her straightened out again. Don't bother sending flowers, she's fine now.
4. I have been really excited about cooking complicated dinners lately. I think the repetitive chopping has a therapeutic effect on me.
3. My yoga instructor at 24 hour fitness has been forcing us to engage in punitive yoga in the past two weeks. Twice my arms have been rendered useless for days on end due to attempting to do 60+ slow motion push-ups or trying to maintain some upside-down contortion for too long.
2. This is the crazy one: I have been going to the gym on occasion for cardio training! I was innocently doing my 30 minutes total of elliptical and treadmill when I happened upon a an MTV show on the TV hanging above my machine and I was riveted for a grand total of 1.5 hours! The magic show that kept my high heart-rate attention for so long: America's Best Dance Crew. It is an American Idol premise, but with groups of breakdancers. I LOVE IT! My favorite group did all of their tricks on roller skates. So fun.
1. I am just too tired of looking at the computer after reading all of the regularly updated blogs of my best friends.
More to come soon, it's dinner time.
1 comment:
Our 7 reasons we do not have a blog of our own:
Some of us lead lives of quiet desperation and need the blogs of others to make our living more exciting. :-)
We spend too much time writing comments on other peoples' blogs.
One MTV show ... are you kidding? I'm logging in at least 4 hours a day. Someone has to do it to vote those reality characters off!
There is the constant house cleaning to make our home perfect for the new owners.
Turtle herding is once again time consuming and fulfilling in ways we can't describe in mixed company.
We are so 20th Century we haven't figured out how to set up a blog and are therefore forced to live through the blogs of others.
Lastly we spend too much time meddling in our children's lives to have a blog of our own. :-)
Post a Comment