I wish I could have a pause button installed in this boy so he won't get any bigger and will be my little snuggly baby forever. Sure, I am excited to see who he will become, but he is just so darned sweet right now, I want his baby-ness to last a little bit longer. Prepare yourselves for an emotional meltdown when he turns one year old.
Reier is a bundle of energy and happiness, almost all of the time. He is great at entertaining himself if he isn't hungry or tired, and his favorite game right now is called "throw it!" You can take a guess how that game goes. I was marveling at the differences between Dahlia as a baby and Reier at this age since she was so interested in babies and baby dolls and would hug, pat, and kiss them. I gave Reier one of her babies yesterday and showed him how to hug and pat it, and he grabbed her by the arm and pitched her like baseball as far as he could. I gave him the baby again, same response. The boy wants to play "throw it" with absolutely everything.
I don't know what his height and weight are since there is no doctor's appointment again until 12 months, but I do know that he is growing too tall for jammies that fit last week and he feels heavier all the time. He is getting better at sleeping longer chunks of time at night, but still only wants to nap in the wrap. I keep trying putting him in his crib after he is asleep and he usually wakes up within 30 minutes if not immediately. I'll take a 2 hour wrap nap over a cranky, tired baby who took a cat nap in his crib.
Reier is happily eating almost everything we eat and is excited to sit in his chair and join in the meals. He does all of his own feeding and will only take soup from a spoon occasionally. He wants to do it himself. He still can't have dairy, soy, sesame, peanuts, and most other legumes, but I am now able to eat goat cheese (yum!) and butter (double yum!) without it bothering him.
Reier's favorite things are watching Dahlia, playing with her if she is in the mood for it, eating, hanging out in a wrap with Mama, throwing everything, unloading the contents of the changing table, dumping out all of the toy boxes, trying to play with toilets (the bathroom doors are all closed again, luckily Dahlia can do the doorknobs now), crawling up stairs, swings, crawling in grass, and did I mention throwing!
| I love the closed-mouth smile. And for size reference, those are 18-24 month jammies. He is a tall boy! |
| Looking very thoughtful while on safari through the neighbor's shaggy lawn. |
| He knows how to use his sippy cup now and enjoys drinking water. |
| He has 7 teeth! |
1 comment:
So fun. Our boys wear the same size apparently! Boone is more broad than tall at this point. By some crazy genetic fluke. So glad you're enjoying your boy so much!
Post a Comment