I cannot believe that Reier is already 2 months old. I feel like he just got here, and like I have known him forever. He is such a sweet little (actually quite big) boy and we are all really enjoying him. At his two month doctor visit he was 12lbs, 8oz (75th %ile) and 24 inches long (90th %ile). He has already outgrown the cloth diapers we used with Dahlia until she was 6 months old and he wears 6-9 month sized clothes. He feels so solid and heavy to me and it makes this breastfeeding mama proud to have such a lunker.
Reier has decided to follow in his sister's footsteps and have food allergies of his own. I am currently not eating any dairy, soy, peanuts, or eggs as each of those things caused some serious digestive unrest and the soy caused projectile vomiting and screaming like I never want to see again. Special diets are a pain for sure, but seeing my baby hurt like that is motivation enough to stay clear of any of the offending foods for as long as he needs me to. Alternative eating is the new normal in our house, so Reier fits in perfectly.
Reier is a very peaceful baby and tends to only get upset if he really needs something. Since we figured out his food allergies he is rarely fussy and calms pretty easily once he is fed, changed, put to sleep, or whatever he needs at the moment. He will only fall asleep in a wrap on me or in the Ergo on Nathan with a finger in his mouth to suck on (one of our fingers, won't it be great when he finds his own fingers!). He naps really well in a wrap (he is in one now as I type) and sleeps great at night, usually only waking briefly to eat and going right back to sleep. Reier is starting to enjoy watching Dahlia as she runs around the house and has shown some interest in the toys dangling from his little seat or on the play mat. He has an extremely adorable and engaging smile and his eyes are an amazing, sparkly blue. He reminds us so much of baby Dahlia in appearance, but not in personality as he is much more relaxed than she was as a baby. Maybe that is a second baby thing. I love waking up next to his sweet little face and watching him wiggle around on the changing table.
Dahlia has been finding lots of ways to be a big sister helper, including choosing which diaper cover he will use, which clothes and bibs he will wear, and even which burp cloths he will spit on. Whenever he is upset, she tells me that he probably needs to nurse. She seems totally used to him being around all the time now and tries to include him in her games. Since he is so happy to hang out in a wrap all day, he pretty much just tags along with everything Dahlia and I are doing. Dahlia tells me that she can't wait until he is "bigger and bigger and can play with me!" It will be fun to watch their relationship grow.
 |
| Quiet and thoughtful Reier. |
 |
| Goofy grin. |
 |
| "Are you looking at me?" |
 |
| There's that grin again! |
 |
| She was even wearing her "big sister" shirt. |
 |
| Both kids smiling in one picture! |
 |
| Enjoying his little seat while I give Dahlia a bath. |
 |
| Napping in the big bed after one of very few successful transfers from the wrap. Dahlia made sure he had his toys to sleep with. |
 |
| I love the bright colors on this outfit. Who says boy's clothes aren't as fun? |
 |
| Bedtime stories for two. |
 |
| In his happy place...asleep in the wrap. We will all be in trouble when this is in the wash. I use it ALL DAY LONG. |
2 comments:
Looking good Reier!
Reier is such a handsome lad. So happy I had the opportunity to see him again last week. Super special. And Dahlia is so much fun! Auntie Lori
Post a Comment