Friday, May 27, 2011

Little Mama...

Dahlia's love for her babies continues to grow, so I thought it was time that I armed her with one the tools of motherhood that has made mothering her much easier. Yesterday, during nap time, I made her a little mei tai carrier so she could keep her babies close while she plays, just like how I carried her all day when she was a littler one, and still do much of the day now. She seems to love it once it is on, though getting her to hold still long enough to rig it up is a challenge. Later in the day she brought the mei tai and a baby to me and said "baby, a back," meaning that she wanted the baby on her back while she read books. I think it is a hit, and so darn adorable!

Mama, did you know that caring for a newborn is exhausting?

How are you doing in there baby?

I don't even have to put down my hammer to kiss my baby.

I can still climb up on my toys with a toddler baby on my back!

Carrying her around is getting tiring, I had better stay hydrated.

I love you baby!

She even stays with me when I am upside down.

Uh oh, my other baby is waking up, a little Mama's work is never done...

3 comments:

Caitlin said...

LOVE it! What a great idea! I'm sure Dahlia's grateful for her new-found freedom :)

Anonymous said...

This wins the cutest blog you have ever done in our opinion. Laugh out loud at how cute she is with her babies. Good for you in finding and making something so fun and time consuming for her. Love, Nana and Papa

Anonymous said...

So sweet! Such a good Mommy and keeping up with everything else important (like playing), too. Glad she loves her walks in the woods. (Next blog)
Love, Grandma and Grandpa