We are feeling HOT HOT HOT in South Beach! Nathan's government job decided to send him to the American Institute of Architects National Conference in South Beach and Nathan had the good sense to force us to come along. I was hesitant to tackle a cross-country plane trip and sit cooped up in a tiny hotel room all day while Nathan attended the conference, but boy am I glad I did. Our room is bigger than some apartments we have lived in (and super fancy), and Nathan has enough time off from the conference to make this feel like a real vacation. Dolly did great on the two flights over, and to top it off, she is sleeping much better. It is very hot and humid here, but Dolly is being such a trooper. I don't think they have seen a baby in South Beach before since everywhere we go Dolly is treated like a little celebrity. We are having a great time.
On the the pictures...
In other news...Dolly will probably learn to crawl this week. She is getting up on to her hands and knees and looking at us like "what do I do now?"
Lunching poolside.
It is too sunny here Mommy!
Check out my cuteness in the sand.
Beach babes...and yes, we both have swim skirts.
Beach nap...
Dahlia's first swim in the ocean. It is about the temperature of her typical bath.
Sitting pretty on our purple couch.
Afternoon nap on the big bed...this is how I finally have a chance to blog.
How cute is she with her little bum in the air while she snoozes!
5 comments:
I love your blog today. Thanks so much for the call to check it out. Glad you are having a great time and all sounds so good! Love you all, Nana
fun stuff, thanks for all the pics! enjoy the sun
It looks like you all are having a great time! I love Dolly's little roly poly thighs :0)
Fun! I want to go on vacation now!
Ahh, she's so cute! Good to hear the flights went well and she's sleeping better. Enjoy the vacation and the sun - we're finally supposed to hit 80 tomorrow. I was so excited when Roy told me there were new pictures. She's sitting up with such straight posture! And in the "ready position" for crawling - we can't wait to see her again.
Love, Grandma Jean and Grandpa Roy
Post a Comment