Tuesday, September 29, 2009

31 weeks and nothing to see

The weekend managed to get away from us before we realized that we hadn't taken a 31 week belly picture. Arrgh...I had such a great routine going and now it has been broken. Oh well, better luck next week I guess.

What I did (finally) manage to do was finish the quilt that I had started 8 months ago for my sister Jessica's birthday (which was on April 17th). I have had the fabric all purchased and the design penciled out since March, but pregnancy symptoms quickly overtook me, we moved, and I started a new job, all of which kept me from my sewing projects. It took me two weekend worth of sporadic work and two additional fabric store trips to get it all completed, and I have to admit I was sad to see it go. I really like the Spring-y colors and cheerful patterns and wanted one for myself too. I have enough of the fabric left over that I can probably make a baby sized one if I ever get done with all of my other sewing projects. That is Nathan holding the quilt up to have its picture taken in the sun, so you can get an idea of how big it is. Up next are two baby slings, a wet bag to hold cloth diapers in the diaper bag while we are out, and a baby quilt with a super fun sock monkey pattern.

After my big quilting day on Saturday we hosted Nathan's Mom and sister, and my sister for dinner. I could tell after a while that Nathan was tiring of all of the female company as he silently drifted off into the Husky football game on the internet. He was probably wishing that his Dad hadn't stayed home sick.

Sunday morning brought my parents in their new little Mini Cooper, up from an intensive week of unpacking and settling in to the loft in Portland. Mom and I went shopping for another pair of maternity pants since I had seriously underestimated how much of a belly (and the pregnant butt I wasn't expecting) I would get and how much stretch I would truly need. We found some good ones and I am much more comfortable now. It is nice to wear jeans that don't cause Braxton-Hicks contractions every time I sit.

Sunday afternoon was my first baby shower and I loved it! It was so nice to be surrounded by a group of loving and supportive women who are all as excited as I am to meet little Baby G. The food was delicious, the company was even better, and Baby's library has vastly expanded thanks to the wonderful gifts of books that she was given. Her diaper stash was also expanded thanks to some less adorable, but very much appreciated donations to the diaper fund. It was a wonderful day indeed.

I also have two exciting work updates: I am now working only three days per week and my last day will be Oct. 28th! Only four and a half weeks to go! The countdown to full time nesting is on.

No comments: