Tuesday, July 7, 2009

It's a Girl!

It's the news you've all been waiting for:

We had the ultrasound today and we're having a girl. Woohoo! Should have known, of course, with all of the female cousins and siblings between us. And all the girls born to our college friends... must be something in the water. The anatomy scan appeared to go well; as far as we could tell all of the requisite parts were present and accounted for (arms, legs, brain, heart, kidneys...). We'll get the full interpretation of the measurements and scans on Thursday morning with the doctor. Baby was very active during the whole hour of the scan and the ultrasound tech had to chase her around a lot to get the measurements she needed. It looked like she was also yawning a lot (I'd be pretty bored too with nothing to look at), and trying to eat her fingers and toes. Soooo cute! The tech thought that she might be a bit plus-sized for her age, which doesn't surprise us in the least. We'll have our own WNBA team in no time. She'll grow up with lots of tall women in her family, so there'll be at least one place where she won't stick out. :)

Here's a couple pictures of Vivian Lorraine (or Vivienne, Vyvynn, ...):

Check out that well-defined spine.

Her legs are crossed in this photo, how proper!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! I thought for sure blob was going to be a boy - How fun and exciting!

xoxo,
Sarah

Amanda said...

I knew it! Such fun.

Lizard said...

I'm so excited for you!! Alicia, you...who's next? Krista called not-it when I saw her months ago at Brian's birthday. My vote is for Julie.
By the way....we were condo-sitting in the Pearl last weekend and I kept thinking about you guys. Where exactly are you living at?
Hope to see you all soon!
Liz

Anonymous said...

Ok we are going to have the cutest granddaughter ever in the history of granddaughters!!!! You can just tell by that spine picture, and her little cute nose. That was a nose wasn't it? I love her too many already. I'm starting to look for pink stuff as soon as we dock at Savannah. Look out historical district here I come.
Can't wait to see you three. Have a safe move and take care and remember to read and sing now that she can hear you. :-) Love Mom