I'm sorry to pile on to this depressing sequence of posts here (really, things are not that bad!), but Whitney and I got some sad news Monday night. Mackenzie, the dog that Caitlin and I grew up with, and who lived with Whitney and I in Tacoma for a few months, passed away. She had been declining in health and spunk for a while now, so it wasn't a huge surprise, but it is still sad to see her go.
She was the quintessential best friend, always playful and happy to see you. She had a penchant for playing in the water. Try to play fetch on land and she quickly bored, but if there was any body of water, she would chase a stick until she couldn't even walk anymore. It was clearly her passion, and I think we all know what she'll be doing for eternity in doggie heaven.
Those of you who were at our wedding and those who knew us during our high school years know this story, but that Mac also provided the most brilliant cover (except on one occasion) for our high school needs for "alone time." I'm sure she didn't mind being an enabler because it meant off-leash time in the woods for her, and it seemed to work out for us in the end.
She will be dearly missed.
1 comment:
Oh no! We're so sorry to hear that!
Post a Comment