Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Creating a scrumptrilescent society through regally named suburbs...

This is an email I received from Nathan this afternoon:

I'm working on more maps today, and I came across a beautiful collection of street names at a suburban development in Banks, OR. Check it:

Trellis Court
Oak Way
Devonmoor Avenue
Broadshire Lane
Buckshire Street
Elkshire Court
Groveshire Avenue
Maplecrest Way (and Loop)
Courtside Court (seriously...)
Irvington Court
Roseshire Court
Hammond Place
Ashton Drive
Bellingham Court
Elmhurst Court
Atwater Court
Barton Court
Jarvis Place
Scottston Terrace

My dear, shall we pay a visit to the Vice-Earl of Scottston Terrace this merry eve? Perhaps we might discuss the state of the feudal economy over some roast pheasant - catch up on the news from the colonies. Wouldn't that be delightful? Perhaps we might also invite the Lord and Lady of Roseshire Court? Oh, my, I forgot that the Vice-Earl can't stand hobbits. Whatever will we do?

How embarrassing.

-N.


What is the world coming to? Nathan later came up with his own subdivision name (now selling lots on the former site of a farm near you!): Arbormanorvilleton Meadow Estates

We dare you to try and top that in the comments section.

1 comment:

Gavin and Alice said...

For the first time I can't even venture a guess on a better name, or a more outlandish one anyway. Love you both, Mom :-)